Our local has one of the most unique Millwright training centers in the country. We have over 14,500 square feet of shop and classroom dedicated to training only Millwrights. (Welding Shop, Machine Shop, Installation and Alignment Shop, Pump Shop, 50′ X 100′ – 10 Meg Steam Turbine Shop with 15 ton overhead bridge crane, Confined Space Vessel.
We not only Study Millwright technology, we can practice it in our training center. We believe in Hands on Training. We use the newest technology and materials available in the classroom to study what is to be accomplished. Once we have mastered the material we go to the shop and try to bring it to life. We have proven time and time again there is a great difference between talking the talk and being able to produce a quality product in a timely manner, which works properly the first time.
Out standard Millwright training includes:
- Our Training Center equipment and Lockout Safety program.
- OSHA 10 Hr outreach.
- Millwright 16 Hr.H&S (UBC),
- OSHA 30 Hr. outreach program
- Installation and Maintenance program,
- Mechanical seals,
- Alignment (both indicator and Laser),
- Optical Instruments
- Layout (both conventional and optical)
- Blueprint reading
- Installation of conveying equipment and Monorail Systems.
- Welding (Stick, Mig, Tig, and Air Arc),
- Confined Space Training,
- Combustion Turbine training,
- Scaffold Erector training,
- Rigging (UBC program),
- Complete Steam Turbine program.(run like a power house outage)
- Aerial Lifts & Powered Industrial Trucks
- Fall Protection
We have a Five year apprenticeship program (Registered with the U. S. Dept. of Labor and Governed by the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners International) for our new members. Almost every class offered in our apprenticeship is available to our journeyperson membership as a refresher or update class. It is a proven fact in today’s market you must constantly keep up with the latest technology or be left behind.
We believe this is a partnership (TRIPARTITE) between the Owners of the plants in which we work, the Contractors who actually bid the work we get to do and ourselves who must perform the work in a timely and productive manner. If any one of the parts fails we all fail.
Director of Training